Minimum Daily Package Rate (MDPR)
The Royal Government of Bhutan sets a minimum daily package rate for tourists travelling to Bhutan shown in the table below.
|Season||Month||Rate Per Night|
|Peak season||March, April, May, September, October and November||USD $250 per person per night halt|
|Regular season||January, February, June, July, August and December.||USD $200 per person per night halt|
Tourists travelling in a group of two persons or less shall be subject to FIT surcharges in addition to the MDPR above: (i) solo traveller – $40 per night (ii) group of two – $30 per person per night and (iii) No surcharge for a group of 3 people or more. Note that there is a separate Bhutan visa fee of $40 to pay, which is normally added to your pre-booked tour package price.
Early Booking Discount
Book early to receive a 10% discount.
Child and Student Discounts
- Children below the age of 5 years can travel free except for the visa fee of $40 while children between the ages of 5-12 years shall be given 50% discount on the minimum daily package rate
- Full-time students below the age of 25 years and holding valid identity cards issued by their institutions shall be given 25% discount on the minimum daily package rate
- Pick ups and drops from airports and hotels
- Comfortable transport (private vehicle) throughout your trip
- Licensed English-speaking guide & driver
- Best accommodation in 3-star hotels with private bathrooms based on 2 adults sharing a twin/double bed (single supplements apply)
- Comfortable farmhouse/home stay/heritage house can also be arranged
- Camping facilities and haulage for trekking tours
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and bottled water daily
- All sightseeing & hiking (entrance fees to museums and other attractions)
- Baggage handling at all hotels and camps
- All applicable internal taxes and service fees
- International and domestic flights
- Travel insurance
- Discretionary tips for guides and drivers (see FAQs)
- Other personal expenses such as drinks & beverages, laundry, telephone calls, etc.
- Upgrade to 4 star and 5 star luxury hotels
- Single room supplement
- Bhutan visa fees USD $40
Airfare (Flights into Bhutan)
Both the international and domestic airfares are charged in US dollars. We arrange only Drukair or Bhutan Airlines tickets in and out of Paro International Airport in Bhutan connecting to nine cities: Singapore, Bangkok, Kathmandu, Dhaka, Delhi, Kolkata, Guwahati, Bagdogra and Gaya including domestic flight at no extra fee. No other airlines fly into Bhutan.
Airfare Discounts for Children and Students
Flights to and out of Paro International Airport also offer discounts for children and students:
- Children under 2 years receive 90% discount
- Children under 12 years receive 33% discount
- Students under 25 years with a valid ID card receive 30% discount